There is a worldwide water shortage that affects all the continents in the world. Slogans are an easy and quick way to raise awareness about this urgent crisis, and help in conserving water.
10 Well-Known Sayings and Slogans
Water is a human right, according to The General Assembly of UN (pg. 1 and 2) who said, ". . . the right to safe and clean drinking water and sanitation as a human right that is essential for the full enjoyment of life and all human rights". Slogans and sayings that have inspired people to conserve water come from a variety of sources.
- "Make every drop of water count." Unknown author, Pollution Pollution
- "Plans to protect air and water, wilderness and wildlife are in fact plans to protect man." Stewart Udall, former politician and environmental advocate
- "Life depends on water, but the reservoir depends on you." Unknown author, Quote Academy
- "It is possible that the wars of the twenty-first century will be fought for water. Save now to prevent war." Unknown author, also found at Quote Academy
- "Bright futures begin with clean water." The Water Project
- "Water for life." This saying was the slogan used by the United Nations (UN) for the International Decade for Action Water for Life (2005-2015) campaign.
- "Water and air, the two essential fluids on which all life depends, have become global garbage cans." Jacques Cousteau (1910-1997) in via Ocean Champions
- "Rainwater tank, won't break the bank." Unknown, also via Pollution Pollution
- "Water, water, every where, Nor any drop to drink." Samuel Taylor Coleridge in The Rime of the Ancient Mariner (part II) via Poetry Foundation
- "To a thirsty man, a drop of water is worth more than a sack of gold." Unknown author, Causes
More Slogans About Saving Water
All the water environmental slogan and saying ideas below are original to this article's author Vijayalaxmi Kinhal.
Importance of Water
Select a short quote or saying that helps get the message about the importance of water across.
- Water is the substance of life. Treasure it!
- Water is formless, tasteless, and colorless, and is yet the crucible of life.
- Waterless planets have no life.
- The common denominator of ALL people is water. Save it!
Sustainable Use of Water
Make sure everyone understands the future of water and sustainable use with these sayings:
- The circle of life follows the cycle of water. Don't break the circle!
- Don't waste water - it is the lifeline of economy.
- Waste water today and face a dry tomorrow. Spare water today to thrive tomorrow.
- Save water every day and keep disaster away.
Avoid Water Pollution
Keep water pollution at bay with these slogans:
- Pollute water at your own peril.
- What goes around, comes around - especially if it floats!
- Forget fertilizers and remember your water sources.
- Stop gagging your water sources! Don't choke streams and oceans with plastic.
Get Proactive to Conserve Water
Inspire water conservation with these great sayings:
- Grow forests, harvest rainwater.
- Guilt-free gardening starts with water savings!
- Plant native vegetation, spare irrigation.
- Turn off that tap!
- Reduce, recycle, and reuse water at home.
Act Now to Save Water
In 2016, The Huffington Post reported that water scarcity affected nearly four billion people. It has severe consequences for food security and biodiversity, and can lead to economic loses. It is imperative that people act on the level of individuals, communities, and nations to preserve this precious natural resource, so let sayings and slogans spur you on to take action.