Earth Day slogans cover a wide variety of environmental issues. They are not simply limited to "Earth Day" in and of itself. They also apply to environmental and cultural issues. Due to their simplicity and straightforward nature, slogans are an important way to raise awareness of environmental issues on Earth Day.
Types of Earth Day Slogans
As there are so many important issues that are facing our environment currently, there is an almost inexhaustible supply of potential environmental slogans. The focus of an Earth Day slogan is the earth combined with some of the key issues of the time. Some popular Earth Day slogans include:
While not all slogans are limited to the day itself, there are many slogans specifically about Earth Day. These include:
- What on Earth are you doing on Earth Day?
- Earth Day is our day.
- The Earth is everyone's inheritance.
- This Earth has limits: respect them this Earth Day and every day.
- The Earth Day Challenge. It's one we can't afford to lose.
- Earth Day #PerfectPlanet
- It's Earth Day. . . Start cleaning the only room we got.
- No one owns the Earth - Earth Day, everyday.
- Save a planet. Start with the one your standing on!
Pollution is a major issue that comes under fire every year on Earth Day. These slogans are a great way to bring attention to this very serious issue:
- Pollution solutions, not warfare resolutions.
- When the water is too dirty to drink, and the air too poisonous to breathe, will you be able to look at our children and say "It was good for the economy"?
- Pollution is primitive; green is preemptive.
- If you think past civilizations did stupid stuff to their environment, what will future generations say about ours?
- Only fools think they have the privilege to destroy the Earth.
- Those who put themselves before nature will always fall.
- If you wouldn't want pollution in your backyard, don't hide it in someone else's.
- Every piece of plastic is another nail in nature's coffin.
- Passing pollution on to children is not a gift.
- Pollution effects everyone: even those who don't care.
One of the big components of Earth Day is the idea of shifting human actions to be more in line with what is good for the natural environment. This is often termed "going green" and there are a number of great green slogans to get this concept across.
- Going green is not so much about what you conserve so much as it is about what you choose to not abuse.
- Going green starts with good attitudes, not heavy platitudes.
- Going green? Your Earth is waiting.
- Clean, serene, and going green!
- Some things never leave. Go Green, Go Clean!
- Go Green. Do you have an alternative?
- It wasn't the dinosaur's fault, but this extinction will be ours. Go green.
- Go green. . . or tell your kids there won't be a future.
- If you think going green is too much effort, wait until you see the consequences. . .
It's important to get kids involved with Earth Day activities. It's also important to make sure they're saying things about issues that they can actually comprehend and to not use them as little walking billboards. There are a lot of great slogans out there that kids can have a lot of fun with.
- Adults don't own the planet. They're borrowing it from me and my friends.
- The Earth is the mother of my mother.
- Ruining your children's water so they can have a television is not a fair trade.
- Nature and nurture sound alike for a reason.
- Children love nature. Don't wreck that for them and for us.
- Compassion begins when a child smiles at the earth's wonders.
- Show your children what love is - the Earth is holding it before our eyes.
- The Earth is the best gift we can give to our children.
- The Earth reaches out and gives us a big hug!
- Unfurl the magic of Earth and a child will never stand alone.
Green Business Slogans
Earth Day is also a great opportunity for business owners to show their commitment to a green world. Slogans can be a great way for a business to keep in touch with the consciousness of its clients, especially on Earth Day.
- We love two types of green here.
- Seeing green since (year established).
- Earth Day is our everyday.
- Our growth is fueled by a healthy earth. It's the only place we do business.
- Any business that tears down its own building to survive will never survive. #WakeUpOnEarthDay
- Pollution is never a business solution. Save green, go green!
- Superfunds require super funds.
- The Earth said, "You'll never be in the black if you leave me in the red." Get in the Green.
- Because green looks good on every business - be the pollution solution.
- Is your business neutral? Don't be an underachiever - go carbon negative. Earth Day Now!
Using the Slogans
Slogans can be used every day to keep the message about the environment fresh in people's minds. Slogans can be printed onto posters, postcards or a wide variety of other items. Mugs, pens and even clothing such as t-shirts and hats are a great way to display slogans and when teamed with an appropriate image, are bound to cause comment. Environmental slogans are perfect for using in Earth Day projects and children's activities.