Are you wondering whether you can make changes in your lifestyle that will really have an impact on the environment? Of course you can! Each person's actions matter to the environment. The slideshows presented here present a visual gallery of photos of various environmental issues as well as ideas for how to protect our environment.
State of the Environment
Slideshows provide a unique format for not only explaining, but also clearly illustrating, the harmful environmental impact of many practices that are not "green." Get illustrated information about some of the most important environmental areas of concern. Examples include:
- Get a sense of the effects of climate change by reviewing pictures of global warming's effects on the world.
- See images of the negative and truly harmful impact water pollution can have on the earth's water supply and marine life.
- Discover key facts about the magnitude of land pollution and how it impacts the overall environment.
Ways to Make a Difference
No matter where you live, how old you are, or what you do for a living, there are a number of ways that you can play an important role in helping to make the environment better. Review a variety of examples, such as the ones listed here, and make an informed decision about what changes you can - and are willing - to make.
- Get specific suggestions of actionable steps you can take today to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Learn about green home design and sustainable development and consider ways you can incorporate the principles into your lifestyle.
- Get your kids involved with green living projects to help them learn environmentally responsible habits from an early age.
- Discover key facts about solar energy so you can determine if it is a viable option for you.
- Discover a variety of different ways to prevent air pollution as a way to help improve the environment.
- Find out what causes water pollution so you can help take steps to prevent it.
A Multitude of Benefits
By taking actions to incorporate green living into your daily life, you will be helping to protect the environment and preserve the planet for future generations. You'll also be doing yourself (and your budget!) a favor, as going green can help individuals save money as well as businesses. You don't have to change everything at once. Any actions you take directed toward the end of going green will be beneficial!